The Texas Master Naturalist Program presents the Chapter Advisor Award to outstanding advisors and/or teams of advisors each year. The goal of the awards program is to encourage and recognize the exceptional work and support of local Texas Master Naturalist Chapter Advisors.
The Chapter Advisor Team category was established to recognize the exceptional support of TMN chapter Advisors working in partnership to support a chapter, just as the TMN program is supported by a partnership between Texas Parks & Wildlife Department and the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service at the statewide level. Applications are due by October 1st, 2022.
Recent Prior Chapter Award Winners Include:
- 2021 Matthew March, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service, Piney Wood Lakes Chapter Advisor
- 2021 Team – Tania Homayoun, TPWD, and Johanna Arendt, Travis County, Balcones Canyonlands Chapter
- 2020 Javier De Leon, Texas Parks & Wildlife Department, South Texas Border & Rio Grande Valley Chapter Advisor
- 2020 John O’Connell, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Agent, Cradle of Texas Chapter Advisor
- 2019 Sam Kiechnick, Texas Parks & Wildlife Department, Urban Biologist, North Texas Chapter Advisor
- 2018 Diana Foss, Texas Parks & Wildlife Department, Urban Biologist, Heartwood Chapter Advisor
- 2017 Gordon Linam, Texas Parks & Wildlife Department, Fisheries Biologist, Hays County Chapter Advisor