Join us for the
Texas Master Naturalist 2020 Virtual Annual Meeting!
When: October 14th-17th, 2020
Where: From the comfort of your home office, back patio or reclining chair.
Add our 2020 Annual Meeting to your calendar today!
Virtual Meeting Agenda
This years meeting presents an opportunity to “attend” even more sessions than ever before. With the virtual format for this years Texas Master Naturalist Annual Meeting, sessions will be offered from Wednesday October 14th through Saturday October 17th from 9am through 4pm, most days and with a lunch break every day. We also have some fun, extra sessions lined up for pre-conference and each evening during the conference week, we’re hoping to host virtual socials and watch events.
Below is our current Matrix Agenda and full Session Descriptions. There may be a few small changes between now and the launch of registration on August 5th, and these will be noted in subsequent agendas posted.
Registration will open August 5th! The cost for the event is a flat rate of $55 for all attendees for the full virtual conference. Registration will include access to all virtually offered technical sessions, the general sessions and some fun surprises offered the weeks surrounding the Annual Meeting. While we’re not able to offer discounts this year, we are happy to offer this lower registration price for our meeting with the new virtual platform. Due to the virtual format and reduced registration fees for this year’s Annual Meeting, there will be no refunds available.
As an added bonus this year, the first 250 registrants will be mailed a Virtual Registration Box with fun desk and connect from home items. Included in the Virtual Registration Box will be a *surprise* naturalist-themed book donated by our sponsor, TAMU Press. These items will be mailed mid to late September with arrival time prior to the Annual Meeting. For those not able to register early, don’t worry – we’ll have additional TMN Annual Meeting and general Master Naturalist items available for sale in our AgriLife Bookstore (aka General Store) as we normally would with an in-person meeting! More information coming soon!
Annual Meeting Contests, Awards & Project Fair
Thank you to the following sponsors who have helped make our 2020 Annual Meeting possible, despite venturing into a new virtual meeting space!
- Texas Master Naturalist Program
- USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS)
- Alamo Area Chapter
- Elm Fork Chapter
- TX Night Sky Festival & International Dark-Sky Association Texas Chapter (Joint Sponsorship)
- Goodwater Chapter
- Shaun Marie – Pele’s Song Jewelry (East Texas Chapter)
- Karl Baumgartner (Coastal Prairie Chapter)
- Sarah Carlisle (Hays County Chapter)
- Donna Cole (Blackland Prairie Chapter)
- Martin Cornell (Cradle of Texas Chapter)
- Rachel Cywinski (Alamo Area)
- Jane Dunham (Hays County Chapter)
- John Gardner (Gideon Lincecum Chapter)
- Becky Gullette (Cypress Basin Chapter)
- Rob Kaaa (North Texas Chapter)
- Julia Koch (North Texas Chapter)
- Rebecca Lloyd (Gulf Coast Chapter)
- Susannah Moore (North Texas Chapter)
- Christine Morrison (Gideon Lincecum Chapter)
- Mary Morrow (Elm Fork Chapter)
- Mary O’Hara (Hays County Chapter)
- Larry Peterson (Cradle of Texas Chapter)
- Donna Piercy (Cross Timbers Chapter)
- Clarence Reed (Capital Area Chapter)
- Carol Silverthorne (North Texas Chapter)
- Paula Smith (Hill Country Chapter)
- Pierre Tessier (South Texas Border Chapter)
- Nita Tiemann (Gideon Lincecum Chapter)
- Betsy Triplett-Hurt (Llano Estacado Chapter)
- Bob Waring (Good Water Chapter)
- Jon Watkins (Gideon Lincecum Chapter)
- Maura Windlinger (Hill Country Chapter)
- Carolyn Worsham (Heartwood Chapter)
To be a sponsor, please see our Sponsorship Informational or email, Mary Pearl Meuth (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please make checks payable to Texas Master Naturalist Program and mail to Mary Pearl Meuth at 534 John Kimbrough Blvd, 2258 TAMU, College Station, TX 77843.
Thank you for supporting the Texas Master Naturalist Program and our 21st Annual Meeting!
Why Go Virtual?
As a result of the uncertainty surrounding the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the Texas Master Naturalist Program has decided to suspend this year’s in-person event in Houston, Texas, in favor of a fully virtual experience.
The decision reflects TMN’s responsibility to protect the health and wellbeing of its members, conference attendees and the general population while still serving its mission to provide education, outreach, and service dedicated to the beneficial management of natural resources and natural areas.
While we may not be seeing you in Houston this fall in person, we are committed to creating a valuable and engaging educational and networking experience that mirrors our in-person Annual Meeting. In fact, we’re quite excited about all of the new possibilities that a virtual conference opens up for our event!
View the past 5 Annual Meetings:
- 2019 Annual Meeting– October 18-20, 2019, Hilton Dallas/Rockwall Lakefront Hotel, Rockwall, TX
- 2018 Annual Meeting – October 18-20, 2018, Sherton Austin Georgetown Hotel and Conference Center, Georgetown, TX
- 2017 Annual Meeting – October 20-22, 2017, Omni Hotel, Corpus Christi, TX
- 2016 Annual Meeting – October 20-22, 2016, La Torretta Lake Resort and Spa, Montgomery, TX
- 2015 Annual Meeting – October 23-25, 2015, Horseshoe Bay Resort, near Marble Falls, TX