This position has been filled – thank you to all those who were interested!
Job Title: Texas Master Naturalist Program – Student Program Aide
Texas A&M AgriLife Extension – Texas Master Naturalist Program
This position will be in responsible for further developing and implementing the Texas Master Naturalist Program’s marketing and program engagement strategies—including, but not limited to, special projects such as the 25th anniversary storytelling project, TMNTuesdays and brand guide updates. Will keep the Texas Master Naturalist state website updated and make additional content changes as needed. (Website hosted by WordPress and tutorials available upon employment.) This position will plan, manage, and interact with the Texas Master Naturalist Program’s social media presence, creating content with the Canva graphic design tool. The position will assist Program Coordinators with the organization of the Texas Master Naturalist Annual Meeting (October). Tasks include: working with the CVENT event management systems; managing an Annual Meeting page on the state website; and marketing Annual Meeting activities through social media. Additionally, this position will support the development and management of TMN Program annual reports and visual elements in coordination with the TMN Program staff, including coordinating and communicating recognition of achievements of TMN volunteers and Chapters (grants/awards/milestones, etc.). This position may contribute to the development of TMN branded merchandise, chapter templates and other planned resources for the program. Once established, this position may assist in managing the state and chapter level photo archive. Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong self-motivating skills
- Ability to communicate and work with diverse audiences and generations
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and writing skills and/or experience
- Basic understanding of website and social media management tools
- Strong natural resources conservation background
- Skills and ability to work in and contribute to the work of a team
- Familiarity with the Texas Master Naturalist Program
- Experience working remotely & with dispersed teams
- Website and social media management experience
- Skills and experience as a volunteer or working with volunteers
Year round employment possible. Max 20 hours per week. $10-12.00 per hour based on experience.
Computer and office space provided if needed. Distance work is possible with the appropriate candidate
with proven skills in working remotely (where needed). Some travel required for TMN Annual Meeting.
Contact with Resume:
Mary Pearl Meuth
Program Coordinator – Texas Master Naturalist Program
Office: (727) 366-1144